50 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
PolyScience CHEF Series Sous Vide Commercial Immersion Circulator
Specs At A Glance
- This is CHEF standard, great for both commercial restaurants and the home kitchen
- Cooks your food perfectly
- Large LCD screen that sets your temperature
- Will work in baths up to 8 gallons (30 Litres)
- 1100 Watts
- Temperature control to within 1/10th of a degree.
- Comes with a Protective Travel Case
- Timing, temperature and Recipes included
- Temperature Reference Table
- ETL Sanitation Approval
- 120V suitable for the US, Canada and Mexico
The PolyScience Sous Vide immersion circulator is a powerful and well thought out device that was created with the use of professional chefs in mind. The PolyScience yields immaculate, rich, and absolutely perfect results every time. The PolyScience is a 9-pound, Red Dot Award winning immersion circulator that stands about 14 inches high. The body of this device is crafted carefully and composed of high-grade stainless steel. Its display screen is large, bright, and shows the set temperature and time vividly, even from across the room. This American made product has a voltage of 120 and integral pump and heating coil protection that prevents the food from coming into direct contact with the pump. The control buttons, located directly underneath the display screen, are very straightforward and easy to operate, allowing cooks to get their foods cooking in no time.
Results with this immersion circulator are consistent and can be relied upon every night for dinner if required. You can always expect succulent, flavorful, and perfectly cooked vegetables and meats due to the device’s extremely precise temperature control. There are even alarms and light indicators that will alert you when your food is ready, or in the event that there is a fault in either the temperatures or power supply. The best thing about the PolyScience is its generous pumping capacity. This tiny device has the power to pump up to 30 gallons of water! That is enough pumping power to successfully sous vide enough food to feed a large party of hungry people. It is extremely amazing how the designers of the PolyScience were able to put so much power in one device.
Although the PolyScience Sous Vide machine is highly regarded by many of the world’s top chefs it still has only two extremely minor drawbacks. Definitely take these small factors into consideration so that you can figure out if whether or not they will be a deciding factor in your purchase. The only minor issues with the PolyScience Sous Vide are superficial issues that may not be an actual problem to many people.
The PolyScience is not close to being as visually appealing as its competitors. While other immersion blenders appear futuristic, slim, and inviting, the Polyscience Sous Vide looks as if it is old and outdated. It’s appearance does not do a great job of captivating the device’s unique and great capabilities. The Polyscience Sous Vide machine is a much better and much more futuristic device than what it appears to be. Another drawback is that the device is slightly more bulkier than its competitor immersion circulators. This may make traveling with the device and storing it slightly more inconvenient compared to other immersion circulators.
Overall the PolyScience Sous Vide has many great factors that outweigh its miniscule shortcomings. This immersion circulator is definitely one to consider.
- The PolyScience yields awesome results every time for every cut of meat
- This Immersion Circulator contains alarm and fault indicators that will alert you when your food is ready or when there is a fault.
- The PolyScience meets the requirements of the world’s best chefs
- The buttons are all easy to use on this device
- It is made with high-grade stainless steel
- The design is compact, allowing it to be easily and securely stored away
- The PolyScience can pump up to an astonishing 30 gallons
- The device is not as visually appealing as its competitors
More PolyScience Sous Vide Machines
PolyScience CREATIVE Series Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
Specs At A Glance
- Easy to use buttons that allow you to set an accurate cooking temperature
- Temperature reading available in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Easy to read
- Up to 99C (210 F)
- Can use your own pots
- Heats up to 4 Gallons
- This device was manufactured with home cooks and culinary students in mind
- Creates a precise and fully controlled circulating water bath
- The machine can sustain a maximum bath volume of 20 liters
- This immersion circulator is designed particularly for casual use and small quantities
Sous vide cooking is rapidly making a solid statement in restaurants around the globe. Culinary students and beginner home sous vide cooks are wanting the same cooking results that are reached at 5 star restaurants. Therefore, the sous vide cooking technique is a trend that is picking up faster than ever! The team of engineers and chefs of the PolyScience Sous Vide Innovation Culinary Technology have created a product that perfectly suits those new to the sous vide cooking method. The PolyScience CREATIVE Series Sous Vide Immersion Circulator is the outcome of PolyScience manufacturers wanting to create the perfect immersion circulator for those who are inexperienced with the sous vide method and want to give it a go.
The PolyScience CREATIVE has been created specifically for culinary students and beginner at-home sous vide cooks, who are wanting to start their sous vide culinary journey somewhere, but don’t exactly know where to begin. Like other immersion circulators, the PolyScience CREATIVE has extremely precise temperature abilities and a fully controllable circulating water bath. This ensures that even the most inexperienced sous vide novice can expect 5-star results.
This immersion circulator is just as powerful as the industry’s top competitors, with the ability to evenly circulate up to 20 liters of water. That is the perfect amount for the device user to perfectly cook enough steak for a small crowd or tiny classroom of students.
One of the most spectacular features of this product is its easy set up. The set up is so straightforward that no beginner cooks or culinary students will struggle when preparing their first ever batch of sous vide delights. One downside to this immersion circulator is its bulky and chunky size and appearance. Other immersion circulators manufactured by other companies tend to offer a more sleek and slim design, that looks well on any countertop. Despite its awkward shape and size, the PolyScience CREATIVE is actually very lightweight. This is a huge advantage when needing to store away the device to create more counter space. This also can be beneficial for those who are traveling and would like to bring their sous vide machines with them. This device powerful enough to cook for a small crowd of hungry guests, yet not powerful enough to consistently cook high volumes of food in commercial settings. This downside to the PolyScience CREATIVE makes this device not so suitable for more experienced or professional chefs, since its water pumping capacity is very limited. This means that those that are comfortably cooking to cook at high volumes and wanting a piece of equipment that can handle the demands are better off looking elsewhere for their perfect immersion circulator.
Once you give the PolyScience CREATIVE Series Sous Vide Immersion Circulator a go, you will be hooked on the sous vide cooking method for good! This immersion circulator is reliable, durable, consistent, and extremely helpful for the novice chef. PolyScience has brought the complicated and precise 5-star restaurant chef skills to the kitchens of many home cooks. At just a push of a button, you can produce the best quality meats that have ever come out of your kitchen. What more could you ask for in a cooking device?
- Easy setup gets you cooking in no time
- Despite its bulky size, this device is actually lightweight
- Capable of preparing meals for up to 12 people
- The design earned it a place as an IHA Innovation Award Finalist
- This device is easy to store away
- Very chunky and bulky in size compared to other immersion circulators
- This device is not suitable for commercial use
- Better for occasional use as opposed to constant everyday usage
PolyScience DISCOVERY Series Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
Specs At A Glance
- Large backlit display
- Controls heating to within 0.1 degrees Celsius
- Able to choose Celsius or Fahrenheit for the temperature
- Easy to use buttons
- Clamps onto your own pot or vessel
- This device stands 14 inches tall
- This immersion circulator can pump 5.3 gallons of water, circulating 1.6 gallons of water per minute
- Ideal for beginner sous vide cooks
- Large backlight
- Great introduction device for sous vide cooking
More and more home cooks are looking for restaurant perfection right in their own homes. With many new culinary technologies immersing today, bringing those perfect and high quality 5-star restaurants to your kitchen are as easy as the push of a button. Experience perfectly prepared and succulent steaks, chicken, and other meats made so easily that any novice could master it.The PolyScience Discovery Series Sous Vide Immersion Circulator is a device that will bridge the gap between the culinary beginner and professional chef food results.
PolyScience is the creator of many different immersion circulator models, however the Discovery is their newest creation. The most unique spec of this device is its distinctive, bright, yellow color! Unlike other immersion circulators, the Discovery Series Sous Vide is covered in a beautiful and exciting color yellow that alone makes it stand out from its competitors. The fun color of this device adds a great touch to any kitchen.Other specs include its perfectly illuminated backlight and easy to use control buttons.Both celsius and fahrenheit temperature readings can be used on this device. The PolyScience Discovery is extremely ideal for those who need an introduction to the sous vide style cooking method. It’s easy to operate buttons and simple setup make it perfect for sous vide beginners. The device clamps easily on the side of any sized pot or container that is safe for cooking in, giving you a bit more variety for the water bath size that you wish to cook with.
The PolyScience Discovery Immersion Circulator may be easy to attach to any sized container, however it only has enough power to successfully pump 5.3 gallons of water. This amount may be very limiting for anyone looking for a more powerful device with the ability to prepare dinner for a crowd.The PolyScience Discovery is best suited for beginners who plan on cooking small batches just to get themselves comfortable with cooking sous vide.
Although this device is a lot less powerful than its competitors, it is still a very reliable piece of equipment. It’s a compact machine that is great for those without excessive counter space. Being only 14 inches long, it can be easily store away from sight when not being used. The body of the device is covered in lightweight yellow colored, durable and high grade plastic material.You can always guarantee consistent, perfectly cooked, flavorful, and succulent, dishes because this unit can reach a temperature of up to 208 degrees F, with a temperature stability of plus of minus 0.1 degrees F.
There are certain features of the PolyScience Discovery that makes its use as easy as possible for the new sous vide cooks out there. One of these many features is the minimum and maximum water lines. These lines allows cooks to perfectly measure out and fill up their bath with the adequate amount of water that is required for sous vide cooking.
Whether you are wanting to learn how to prepare short ribs, chicken wings, or even vegetables or poached eggs, sous vide is the way to go! With the PolyScience Discovery Series, learning to yield the very best results is made extremely simple and even fun!
- Bright and unique color, making it easy to find among other kitchen appliances in your home
- Reliable and consistent cooking results are produced with this device
- The Discovery model is composed of features that help keep sous vide cooking fun for beginners and not frustrating
- Is not as powerful as most other sous vide immersion circulators and is limited at maintaining a water bath of only 5.3 gallons.