Anova is huge name in Sous Vide cooking!
Here we decided to take a look at the 2 most popular immersion circulators that Anova produces. We'll reveal what makes them great machines, let you know if we found any faults etc
Hope you enjoy our reviews!
1. Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker (With Bluetooth)
The Anova brand manufactures the Anova sous vide precision cooker, which is one of the best sous vide cooking aids on the market. The Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker clamps onto the side of the cooking container and plugs into a power outlet. Anova is one of the more advanced manufactures of the Precision Cooker.
This device is easy to use, very lightweight, and connects to any smartphone, allowing at-home cooks to start and stop the machine right from the palm of their hands. This feature is great for those that are multitasking or for those that momentarily need to leave the kitchen. Get all of your cooking and other household tasks are done without compromising the doneness and quality of your completed masterpiece..
It comes in the 120V US, Canadian and Mexican version and the 240V version with a choice of Australian, New Zealand, European and English plugs. So is suitable for most countries around the world.
Specs At A Glance
- Adjustable clamp that you can use in any pot.
- Connects to your smart phone giving you remote access
- Cooks perfectly every time
- Made from lightweight stainless steel
- Extremely easy to clean
- Can be used in most countries around the world
Highly Recommended And My Number One Choice
- Elegant and Functional Design: Opening the box will give you a treat as it contains the Anova Precision Cooker Immersion Circulator, the user manual, and the quick reference guide. Made from polycarbonate and stainless steel, you can bet that this new addition to your kitchen will last for years. The materials exude an expensive look, but what you'll love more is how functional it is. Cleaning shouldn't be a problem because of the removable bottom steel skirt and disks. These parts are dishwasher safe as well. This ensures that you won't have any issues with plaque and mineral build-up on the Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator.
- High-Resolution Display: The product comes with a minimalistic, high-resolution display where you can find the start/stop button. This makes the device that much easier to use. If you want to change the temperature setting, just spin the illuminated wheel found on the front.
- Fully Adjustable Clamp: One of the best things about this Anova Immersion Circulator is its fully adjustable clamp. With an impressive minimum and maximum water height range of 3.5″, you can guarantee that this is one of the most versatile immersion circulators you can find on the market. If you want, you can even remove the clamp.
- Smart Device Control: As long as you have a smart device, you can control the temperature cooker remotely. Feel free to go about your daily chores while the immersion calculator does its job. The precision cooker sends notifications, so you'll know exactly when you need to get back to the kitchen. Thanks to the Bluetooth function, you can control the device up to 30 feet away.
- Precision Cooking: The Anova Precision Cooker can turn anyone into a professional chef. If you've always wanted to try hand-off cooking, then this is the perfect kitchen appliance for you. Whether you want to cook meat, vegetables, or other dishes, this product gives you unmatched precision and control.
- Thousands of Recipes: Running out of ideas about what to cook? This product comes with thousands of outstanding recipes and guides, allowing you to improve your cooking skills without even leaving your home. These recipes are from award-winning chefs, and each one is broken down into simple steps so you can follow them with ease. Whether you're a beginner or a veteran, these recipes should give you more than enough ideas to cook mouth-watering meals for the entire family.
- Continuous temperature control provides perfect cooking results every time
- Comes with recipe cookbook with 1000+ recipes
- Simple to clean: the stainless steel skirt and disk are dishwasher safe
- Bluetooth connectivity – control the cooker remotely with the Anova app
- Serves up to 8 people
- Comes with 2 year warranty
- The Anova App requires a login in order to use it
The advantages of this device is the lightweight and compact design. It can be carefully stored anywhere, even in a small kitchen. It clamps perfectly to a large pot or large cooling container and is easy to manoeuvre. The cooker is stainless steel with a plastic handle.
There is also a plastic rotator on the bottom of the device that allows cooks to control the direction in which the water flows, preventing your food from being caught in one corner of the cooking container. With the water flow being controlled, food will always cook thoroughly and evenly with the Precision Cooker.
This tiny device has the ability to circulate up to 2 gallons of water per minute. That’s enough power to cook enough sirloin to host a dinner party for possibly up to 20 people.
The Precision Cooker is also Bluetooth enabled, allowing you to monitor your temperatures from across the room. The downside, however, is that the Bluetooth range capabilities are very limited. If you leave the room, the Bluetooth signals become faint and impossible to use. Therefore, for the bluetooth function to work successfully, you need to be in the kitchen at all times. Another disadvantage is that the timer is not as easy to use as it ought to be. Other than that everything tends to be very straight forward.
Overall this device is slim, compact, lightweight, and very affordable. Other than the timer’s difficulty, the device is simple and has a quick and easy set up. Despite the very few downfalls of the Anova Precision Cooker, its benefits reign supreme in the kitchen and is definitely a winning choice for at-home sous vide cooking.
Unpacking My Brand New Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker
Vacuum Sealing Salmon For Sous Vide Cooking
Cooking Salmon With The Anova Sous Vide Machine
Recommendations For Those Short On Time
I totally recommend the Anova Precision Cooker with both Bluetooth and Wifi. (the one at the top of this review)
- I own it and love it
- Is so easy to use.
- Cooks to perfection
2. Anova Precision Cooker Nano Review
ANOVA is well known for producing a broad spectrum of simple to use, and affordable sous vide cooking equipment. One of their notable products is the Anova Precision Cooker Nano.
Although quite powerful, the Anova Nano (sometimes affectionately called the “nano”) is compact and lightweight. This cooker allows food to cook at an exact temperature, leaving it with just the right amount of moisture and optimal tenderness.
However, that is not all there is to this Anova product; keep reading to know more about its features, benefits, and how to use it to achieve culinary bliss.
Specs at Glance
You will easily notice the following things on the Nano Precision Cooker:
The information on the temperature range and its calibration are present on the screen. This typically ranges between a minimum of 32°F / 0°C and a maximum of 210°F / 99°C with a heating precision of ± 0.1°
Display and controls
You will also notice the LED display with controls for temperature, timer, and the cooking process.
At the top of the cooker is the connectivity indicator for a Bluetooth connection. It shows when the unit is paired to an android device or an IOS smart device.
Weight and Dimensions
- Nano size: Height: 12.8 in / 35.51 cm, Diameter: 2.2 in / 5.6 cm
- Minimum Immersion Depth: 3 in / 8.38 cm
- Maximum Immersion Depth: 6.0 in / 15.24 cm
- Max Clamp Opening: 25 in / 3.175 cm
- Unit Weight:5 lbs. / 1.1 kg
- Max Cook Size: 8 Gal / 30.3 L
The Anova Nano Features
Construction and Design
The cooker is made of first-class durable plastic, ensuring that it will give you service for a long time to come. Measuring just 12.8 inches tall and 2.2 inches in diameter, this gadget has a compact size for easy use and storage in the kitchen.
Bluetooth connectivity: With the super-fast Bluetooth BLE 4.2 connection, you can connect the equipment with your phone. This feature allows you to monitor the cooking progress from any corner of the house.
The clamp: The unit has an integrated clamp, which helps in attaching the immersion circulator to the pot/container with water.
The display screen: The Nano’s display screen has three sections that have different display functionalities.
- The top section: At the top of the screen are three touch-response icons. These allow you to monitor the water temperature, the target temperature, and the remaining time.
- The middle section: Shows the temperature rise per unit time.
- The bottom section: Has buttons for setting the time and temperature. As well as the start and stop buttons for beginning and ending the cooking process.
The ability to set a timer within the device relieves you of the need to continually monitor it with the Anova app.
120v capacity: The Anova precision Nano has a capacity of 120 volts, using up to 750 watts to give you the best cooking experience. The optimal operating temperature for the equipment ranges between 32 to 197 ̊F at 99 hours maximum time. It also offers a temperature precision of 0.1˚ for astonishing accuracy.
Excellent operating speed: The Anova Nano can hit the target in 25 minutes in heating 5.5 quarts of water from a standard temperature of 75 degrees to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. It is therefore 3 minutes faster than the original Anova model, which takes 28 minutes to heat the same amount of water.
The alert ring: This precision cooker has an alert ring that is loud enough to alert you when your meal is ready. You will thus receive a notification when the water reaches the set temperature (or the timer expires).
The Anova culinary app: The cooker has a sophisticated app with three powerful features:
- My recipes: This is a reference section for saving your own favorite recipes and other cooking information.
- Guides: This section has a variety of great programs with descriptions of the right timing and temperatures for cooking various meals. Additionally, this section also uses infographics to demonstrate the effect of cooking food at different temperatures and times.
- Recipes: Here, you will find numerous standard recipes created by top food writers, professional chefs, and bloggers. You can honestly cook almost anything!
Benefits of the Anova Nano:
This device produces excellent food with every use: the absolute best cooking results. The food is well balanced in terms of moisture and texture since the cooking temperature and time are very precise. In fact, it is almost impossible to undercook or overcook your food. The Nano’s ability to trap in all the flavor and moisture consistently produces a meal with great taste and texture.
And then there is the incredible diversity of foods you can cook: The 1000+ recipes allow you to prepare very different meals to the desired doneness. So, you can cook foods like fish, chicken, beef, eggs, and beef, with ease.
How to use the Anova Nano
For precision cooking, you will first need:
- A pot to fill with water
- Several heatproof bags for sealing the food
The Cooking Process
To cook, first attach the Nano cooker to the pot of the most suitable size and tighten it firmly with the clamp.
Proceed by adding water to the pot up to the level above the minimum mark (more water works well for longer cooks). Also, seal the food you intend to cook with the zipped bag and dip it in the water.
Thirdly, connect the Nano cooker to the power supply. Then, set the temperature and timer on the display screen.
Press the power button to start the machine and cook to the desired doneness.
The machine’s alert ring will notify you on reaching the maximum temperature and time set. If executed correctly, the meal will be just about perfect when it’s done.
Value for the Money
Apart from the incredible quality of the product itself, Anova offers outstanding customer service.
Returns and Exchanges
Anova’s products have a 100-day money-back guarantee, even if you are simply unsatisfied. However, you must have an original receipt of purchase for a full refund.
Upon purchase, the cooker comes with a 2-year warranty. Again, make sure you keep your original proof of purchase.
The Anova support team issues a prepaid waybill to cover all shipping charges arising from warranty replacements, exchanges, or even returns of Nano cookers (or any other product they manufacture).
Safety Precautions When Using the Nano Cooker
- Always switch off and unplug the Nano cooker after every use.
- To avoid injuries, allow the cooker to cool down before emptying the water from the pot.
- Never immerse the Nano precision cooker beyond the max mark to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Avoid placing the pot/container on a heated oven or stove, which may damage the power cord.
- When disassembling the Nano cooker for cleaning, do not go beyond what the user manual specifies.
- When cooking, insist on sealing the food with the recommended bags before submerging it into the water for cooking.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Easy Operation and Monitoring – Connecting the Nano to your smartphone through Bluetooth gives you a convenient way of monitoring your cooking. And the Anova app further enhances your control.
- Universally Useable – Anyone, either amateur or professional, can use the Nano cooker to prepare great meals, given the thousand recipes and instructions in the app. The app also gives information on the right settings for the timer and temperature. It makes it as easy as possible.
- The Display Screen – It allows you to quickly start and stop the cooker, as well as adjusting and monitoring the temperature and the timer for excellent results.
- The Compact Size – The Nano’s small size makes it the perfect companion in the kitchen, taking up a very small amount of space.
- The machine does not have Wi-Fi connectivity; hence it can only be controlled over a short distance using Bluetooth.
Having the right information about the Nano precision cooker, it’s now the high time to shift from traditional cooking methods. This cooker gives you the best starting ground to becoming a pro in the kitchen, given its precision, ease of use, and astonishing versatility.
Although you can use the cooker manually, pairing it with your phone will allow you to produce excellent results time and time again.